stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

L & O: CI

I'll have to admit that I'm a little late to the party, but after being a longtime fan of Law and Order I only recently discovered the Criminal Intent franchise. It was aired at a time when I was either busy, or if I was watching TV it was tuned to HBO. But thanks to the fact that between USA, Bravo, and NBC it seems like they run the show 20 times a week.

It quickly became my favorite of the L&O series, largely due to the quirky super-sleuth played by Vincent D'Onofrio. Shifting more of the focus to the criminal side of the equation, it's stories seem a bit deeper and better crafted than the other crime shows on TV. When they announced that Chris Noth and Annabella Sciorra would be added to the cast I initially thought this would be a good thing, since I like them both. But the episodes that they've been in have been disappointing so far. The Vince+Chris chemistry that we've seen on the episodes that have them featured together has been good, maybe I just need to give the Noth-Sciorra version time to grow on me.

A few more quick takes from this weekends' viewing marathon:
  • What a trip to see Colm Meaney (Miles O'Brien) play a creepy, evil character.
  • I still find it odd that CNN has Miles O'Brien anchor their space and science coverage. Is this just a strange coincidence?
  • It's beginning to annoy me that there is a resemblance between Kathryn Erbe and a co-worker. Hope it doesn't ruin the show for me.
  • How creepy was it to watch Charles Rocket playing a character who planned a "suicide by cop" death knowing that he actually committed suicide?
  • When viewing the teenager suspects list of BTDT (been there, done that) perversions, Logan points out that "sex outdoors and sex in an elevator aren't checked off". How odd is it that those are checked off on my list?
  • Enough with the crawlers at the bottom of the screen! I can tolerate the information overload that they cram into every news and sports program, but the newest thing seems to be having a miniature character crawl of the corner of your screen and drag the graphic away with them. Extremely annoying.

  • To round things out a few L&O links just for the heck of it:

    L&O:CI Episode Guide
    Law & Order TV Show Spinoff Generator
    Law & Order Criminal Intent Game Demo
    Which Law & Order Criminal Intent character are you?
    L&O Coloring Book
    Jump The Shark? L&O:CI
    || JM, 10:35 AM

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment