stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Mini Rant

I get cranky when I get a cold, so no better time than the present than to prove it. I got out of bed today and was all "sniffly" & "hacky", only to discover that we were out of cold pills. I had planned to stop at Target to pick up sundries anyway, so I just added this to my list. The medication that I usually take had been replaced on the shelf by a card with a picture of the product that said "see Pharmacist". Not only was everything behind the counter, but I had to give them my drivers license which they recorded before I could get the cold pills. I was vaguely aware that they were going to restrict their access, but I wasn't ready for this rigamarole. I could probably buy firearms with less hassle.

Suddenly we are living in Bizarro World, since they now have the condoms out in the front, and the cold pills hidden behind the counter. I particularly enjoyed being told by the cashier "Now don't go home and make any Crystal Meth". I believe she was kidding. Although I didn't start a home meth lab, her comment DID result in me visiting the iTunes store and getting some tunes from The Crystal Method. I'm too easily influenced I guess.
|| JM, 12:37 AM

2 Comments:

We have the little card thing, but no ID required. What if someone doesn't have a drivers licence or their ID with them? This is going way too far considering that now many pharmacists are refusing to fill birth control and/or other hormone based meds.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  
My thoughts as well, thanks for bringing that up. I was trying to be snarky and funny and ignored this more serious issue.
Blogger JM, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment