stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Drip, Drip, Drip

I got over being an early adopter long ago. The rush of being on the cutting edge is usually short lived when a newer version of the product comes out in short order. Nothing embodies this phenomenon better than the constant march of new and improved product from Apple in their iPod line. Shortly after I got mine they came out with a model that had a color screen and could be used for photo storage/backup. Although I love my iPod, a small part of me looked longingly at the new kid on the block and wanted one. I was able to rationalize that the one I have now is just fine since the photo iPod was a bit thick for my tastes.

Why, oh why did I ever enter the den of temptation that is called "The Apple Store" yesterday? After reading all the glowing reviews of the newest iPod my curiosity got the best of me. These puppies are thinner than the one I have now; I can feel the lust building up inside of me. I thought it seemed like a silly thing to add video on such a small screen. Until I saw it in action. Crisp, clean, and quite impressive. And thanks to a link posted on Boing Boing, I see that it's easy to rip DVD movies to an iPod which only adds to the seducement. I suspect that I may be exploring the selling side of eBay sometime soon.
|| JM, 10:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment