stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

10 Things That Drive Me Crazy

I just had to get these off my chest. Quite cathartic actually. I may have to make this a recurring thing. The first 10 that popped up include:
  1. HBO's frequent hard drive fritzouts. You know, when things get all pixelated and freeze up. Dialog goes out of sync and the action gets jerky. Great, I pay too much to put up with this crap. Maybe Time-Warner should buy a new VCR, I hear they're cheap these days.

  2. Animated characters for diseases. Stop already! The creepy little one pulling up toenails that makes me jump out of my skin when I see him. (Word of advice: NEVER EVER do a Google image search including the words "toe fungus".) That little fat-ass Mucus guy. There are more, but like other unpleasant memories, I've successfully purged them from my memory bank. Sickness and disease are scary enough without adding in a fear of the surreal.

  3. Domino's pizza. Hey, to each his own. Somewhere I'm sure there is someone who likes this drivel that you jokingly refer to as pizza, but not me. Call it something else, but please don't call it pizza.

  4. People who take up two parking spaces. Not those a-holes who can't pull their giant SUV in between those little yellow lines, and throw open their door with wild abandon, putting a ding or dent into YOUR car. Yes, I hate you too, but I was referring to those ass-wipes who have to park their guido-mobile diagonally taking up two spaces. There is a special place in hell for you.

  5. People who get in the left lane and apparently set the cruise control at say 55 and never budge. Look around you...see everyone passing you on the right? I didn't think so.

  6. People who get off an escalator and suddenly stop as if they had reached the summit of Mt. Everest and wanted to stop and savor the view, causing a pile-up of everyone who was riding behind them.

  7. The morons in the "5 items or less" express checkout line who either can't count or think the rules don't apply to them.

  8. Carrying your cell phone around all charged up and not really needing to use it. But inevitably, when a real emergency happens, it's when you have low batteries.

  9. WHEN I GET AN E-MAIL IN ALL CAPS!! SEE THAT LITTLE KEY ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE KEYBOARD LABELED "CAPS LOCK"? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HEADGEAR. PLEASE, HIT THE DAMN KEY!

  10. Close-minded people. You know, the ones who watch Fox News Channel for example. "We decide...you watch" would be a more accurate slogan.
|| JM, 9:25 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment