stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

J...E...T...oh, crap!

Although I had read the speculation that Vinny Testaverde might be one of the journeyman QB's that the Jets would look at in the wake of the disastrous injuries that they suffered, never in a million years did I think that they would engage in a pigskin booty call and add him back to the roster. Boy, was I mistaken. I cringed when The Jets picked him up the first time, and I was proven wrong. I turned into one of his biggest supporters, even after his deteriorating performances seemed to be detrimental to the teams' fortunes. But I don't expect that they have re-signed the Vinny of '98 to the roster.

Don't get me wrong...there is nothing I would like more than to see an Earl Morrall-like resurgence of his career to lead the Jets to a storybook season. Well, there are a few things I can think of even if I can't discuss them here, but the one thing that they all have in common is that they are "unattainable fantasies".

From what I've seen, Bollinger is a capable, but under-experienced player, and I wish him well. But we all know that as soon as he falters (as he will), the temptation to start Vinnie will prove too great to resist. I hope that Pennington is able to successfully come back next season from this injury, but I have a nagging feeling that his best days as a professional are behind him. Please, let ALL these predictions be wrong, but it seems like it's going to be a good year for draft picks.
|| JM, 12:12 AM

1 Comments:

As a Jets fan I cannot say that I am too hopeful for any of the choices at this point. It could be a long season.
Blogger STP, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment