stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, September 30, 2005

iBuy

Having gotten the eBay monkey off my back, I recently thought it would be safe to return there "for entertainment purposes only". That was about as effective as using the withdrawal method of birth control. There was a time when I was bidding on stuff that I really didn't need, just for the "thrill of victory" and to see my rating rise. Realizing the folly in that, and that I was overpaying just to win, I instituted a self-imposed ban on the site. But that bookmark kept calling out to me, and I gave in to my weakness. I'll blame it on my addictive personality tendencies.

I'm ashamed to admit that we were over at the neighbors for a short visit, and I did the "well, gotta go" routine primarily due to an items' auction ending soon. I always wait for the last possible moment to put in a bid, so that I don't run up the price, but with enough time that I can counter-bid if others have placed higher maximum bids. This strategy usually works, and this time was not an exception. I won, and I didn't overpay! Now the challenge becomes not stalking the UPS guy till it arrives and not letting it become a habit.
|| JM, 12:09 AM

1 Comments:

I totally know how that goes; only it took me awhile to get the hang of waiting until the last minute; I'm not the most patient of persons!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment