stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Arrr!

I might as well get this out of the way now, since I know I won't be able to avoid the temptation to link to the upcoming Talk Like A Pirate Day 2005, which takes place on September 19th. To get you in the spirit of things, a few Pirate pick-ip lines:

  • Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
  • Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
  • Come on up and see me urchins.
  • Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
  • I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
  • Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
  • Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
  • Well blow me down?
  • Prepare to be boarded.
  • I’ve sailed the seven seas, and you’re the sleekest schooner I’ve ever sighted.
  • Brwaack! Polly want a cracker? … Oh, wait. That’s for Talk Like a PARROT Day.
  • That’s the finest pirate booty I’ve ever laid eyes on.
  • Let's get together and haul some keel.
  • That’s some treasure chest you’ve got there.


  • In for a penny, in for a pound, so before we weigh anchor on the subject a few more bilge-sucking pirated links:
    Pirate Glossary
    PiratePhrases
    Captain Blackskull
    Pirate Speak Translator
    Gangstah to Pirate Glossary
    Pirate Booty
    How Piratey be I?
    Damn; There's a Flickr gallery for just about everything!
    Get your iPatch
    Pirate Limericks
    || JM, 9:04 AM

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment