stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Stupid Stuff

Last night I finally relented and watched Spiderman 2 on HBO. Of course I bought the DVD when it was released, but for some reason just never found myself in the mood to watch it. It went on the shelf with all the other DVD's that I've snagged on eBay and somehow never bothered to watch. Is it my short attention span that compels me to do this, my pack-rat tendency to accumulate junk, or my compulsion to "win" on eBay and boost my rating that causes this? Any of these choices has ugly implications, which I'll avoid dealing with for now.

I'm not quite sure why I let stupid little things bug me, but sometimes I do. Why when I'm watching an implausible fantasy should I let small little details get in the way? Do I have a problem with the idea of a guy swinging from buildings via webbing that he sprays from his wrists? Nope. Do I have a problem with accepting a guy implanted with tentacles who creates a self contained fusion reaction? No; no problem there. But show Spiderman on an elevated subway train in midtown Manhattan? Hey, that's not real! The devil is in the details, I guess. Much like one of my favorite movies, No Way Out, which contained a ton of continuity errors, but the one that bugged me the most was when they went into the Metro and it didn't even vaguely resemble the real deal.
|| JM, 11:45 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment