stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Reading, Rambling, & Some Other R

Why should I be surprised (or care) when I hear that Posh Spice and Tommy Lee claim to have never read a book. It's not that I'm such a voracious reader anymore, between the demands of work and the time constraints of keeping up with all the 175 RSS feeds and various websites that I check out on an almost daily basis. The argument could be made that I still read a good amount, except it's structured differently and in a short attention span format.

But it bugs me to hear these celebrities make these statements, sort of implying "it's cool to be stupid". The good news is that I don't think these two are big role models, but I could be wrong. Tommy Lee probably knows what a MILF is, but God only knows what he thinks RIF stands for!

And a great line from the Pam Anderson roast (which I caught a few minutes of) had a comedian telling her "Pam, you being the star of a show about books and reading, is like Tom Cruise starring in a show about vaginas."
|| JM, 9:24 PM

1 Comments:

Fortunetely, I don't think either gets much attention any longer. They do show why they need to start reading - only an idiot would make a comment such as that and be proud of it.
Blogger STP, at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment