stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'll Just Ramble On

So far, turning over a new leaf with my blogging habits is easier said than done. I intended to limit my blogging to when I really had something to say, or when I had stumbled upon something unique and of interest. That doesn't seem to be happening. The last two days I had planned not to do any posts, just to prove that I could restrain myself. I guess I was wrong about that. When I started this my attitude was "I blog because I surf" but it has become "I surf because I blog". Breaking the addiction is easy when I'm busy, but give me a little bit of free time and access to a computer and the compulsion to throw up whatever lame link I may have just seen becomes too tempting to pass up. Add this to the list of things that only I care about.

I occasionally notice a spike in pageload stats, which I usually ignore. The last time that it took place I assumed that it was somebody pointing here as an example of bad design or lame recycled content. I see that my current spike is all coming from Google searches for "Pastafarians". Imagine my surprise to see that my post on the subject (which was a sampling of and link to the Wikipedia entry) is on the first page of results. My apologies to those of you (most of you) who were disappointed.

I've always kind of been amazed at some of the lame keyword searches that bring people here. Not that I think they are bad people, but I'm just as glad that I don't know what's going through their heads when they were doing theses searches, or worse yet how let down they were if they checked out the entry. Some of the more recent searches included: "women with big hands, Hanover High School Shocker, masturbate in petticoat, using towelettes on shabbos, and Homer Simpson how to build a nuclear reactor." I wish I could explain.
|| JM, 12:02 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment