stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Better Late Than Never

My weekend of playing catch-up on old movies continued on Sunday. Got an early start and did all the stuff that needed to be done, and found myself on an overcast afternoon with time on my hands. I was web surfing, the wife was channel surfing, and she started to watch something on The Discovery Channel about the Titanic. We may be the last two people in the world who just hadn't gotten around to watching the movie Titanic, but we decided the time had come to take the plunge, even if about eight years late. We've had the damn video sitting in the cabinet, but we both resisted watching it, possibly as a backlash to its immense popularity, but more likely due to it's length. A user comment on the movie at IMDB said "As with most things in life, people always force their own opinions to be different so they can feel good about themselves." Ouch; kinda harsh...I didn't think I was resisting for that reason but who knows?

So we are watching the movie, the phone rings and it was one of the neighbors. The break was welcome, and I listened in as the wife talked on the phone. At one point I hear her say "nothing; we really aren't doing anything right now" using a tone of denial much like a kid who had just been caught red handed but decided to deny anyway. When I ask her why she was so secretive about what we were doing, she tells me that our friend was "calling to say bye since she was leaving for a cruise tomorrow" and she didn't think honesty was the right policy in this case. I'd have to agree.
|| JM, 12:04 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment