stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Ouch!

I came back from my morning run yesterday and switched on the TV, only to witness what might be one of the most painful exchanges I've ever seen. The local wraparound of The Today Show sent the weatherman to do a segment where they did the weather and gave away copies of the new Harry Potter book to kids in a local childrens' hospital. (I've never understood the rationale for that kind of "public intrest + pop culture + here's the weather" kind of piece, but that's a rant for another day.) So the reporter, surrounded by children in wheelchairs, ones getting chemo, etc. sticks the mike in front of the kid and says; "Are you DYING to read the new Harry Potter book?" I'm guessing he wishes he could take back that question.

But there is a part of me that is hoping that was just a hallucination, much like the one I apparently had on my run. I was going by a house where a car was backing out of a garage. I noticed it was a BMW convertible driven by a blond woman with a ponytail. Both deserved a 2nd look. So as the car pulled into the street and drove by, I noticed that the driver was actually a middle aged man with dark hair. How did I get that so wrong? Wishful thinking, perhaps?
|| JM, 10:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment