stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, June 06, 2005

Ziggy Played Guitar



The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
On this date Ziggy Stardust was originally released. A monster album; (do we still call them "albums"?) this one was one certainly part of the soundtrack of my college years.

I'm pretty sure that the cover was used to roll more that a few of what we called "joints" back then (I see that current slang defines that differently) even-though the "double albums" were much better for rolling. You really can't do that on a CD case or an iPod, can you? And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who laments the Demise of Album Cover Art.

Speaking of albums, you might want to take the Album Cover Challenge and visit the Museum Of Bad Album Covers or the Museum Of Unusual LP Cover Art if you are looking for time wasting fun! As I've said before: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And one final link, featuring sonograms of classic albums.
|| JM, 1:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment