stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, June 03, 2005

Mini Rant

I see so much stupidity on a daily basis, both at work and on the national scene that it takes something extraordinary to break out of the clutter and really get my attention. But this one act of stupidity happens about once a month, and it's always at the end of a long day when I'm tired, cranky, and in a hurry to get home, so I can't ignore it. There is an old railroad bridge on the street that I usually take that has a low overhead clearance. 9'6" to be exact; I know this due to the NUMEROUS SIGNS announcing the low bridge! Inevitably, some a-hole with a rented U-Haul fails to recognize the implications of these signs, and shears off the top of the truck, wedging it under the bridge, and creating traffic gridlock. I could probably park my car and walk home quicker at that point, but I never make good on the threat.

Once traffic starts rolling again, I have to do the obligatory slow-down-and-scowl at the perpetrator of the delay. This achieves nothing other than slowing down those behind me, but it does satisfy my curiosity about what kind of a moron would be that clueless, and it makes me feel a wee bit better to get the smallest amount of rage out of my system.

But as an added bonus to yesterdays' event was that the U-Haul truck had graphics on the side that must be part of their Venture Across America series which asks: "Where Will U Go Next?" This truck featured the State of Hawaii!?! WTF? I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be able to drive to Hawaii in a U-Haul! But, then again If the guy from yesterday is driving, we might just give it a shot!
|| JM, 7:16 AM

1 Comments:

Gee, and I can download a coloring book of each state. Wheeeeeee! That will keep me busy for hours. Hope your evening goes better than the drive home.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment