stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ain't No Holloway Girl

I hate to sound disrespectful, since I have nothing but sympathy for the family of the girl missing in Aruba, but ENOUGH ALREADY! When exactly did the "tragedy-de-jour" replace substance and meaningful information as part and parcel of the daily news coverage? It doesn't seem to matter which story we are talking about, the MSM seems to serve up endless portions of fluff, while pretty much ignoring issues of substance. Apparently, the dumbing-down of America doesn't bother all that many people. It's so much easier to accept the simple and soothing rhetoric as spooned out by W & his minions in their "don't worry yur' pretty head...we'll take care of everything" fashion. We would much rather hear about the latest adventures of Tom Cruise & Joey Potter. Not sure what it might take to wake people up. I see some positive signs, but then I see stuff like this that doesn't encourage me that "the good guys" are winning. We can only hope that W's declining approval ratings are a barometer of pending change. I wouldn't expect to see that get any substantial media coverage either.
|| JM, 5:35 PM

1 Comments:

Right with you on this one. I know my site sounds like a broken record, but ending this war insanity would be my great happiness. It's going to happen. There are too many of us now for it to be ignored and swept under the rug.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment