stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, May 15, 2005

When Stars Collide

Battle of the Swaggering Stars With Ridiculous Names
Man, do I feel stupid. It was only by reading this piece that I realized that Powers Booth (who appears in Deadwood) actually plays Cy Tolliver and not Silas.

My confusion set in as a result of my awareness of his career being limited to his appearance in the 1980 movie about Jim Jones. Since in my mind, he should look just like he did in that flick, I just assumed that Silas was Booth. Didn't factor in the 20+ years of aging; my bad. But on the other hand, I'm pretty sure I look the same as I did 20 years ago......yeah.....right!

The actors from the original Star Wars aren't immune from the hands of time either as this gallery of pics from the premier of the new film reminds us. The picture of Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds is truly frightening; they look like they are only a few years apart in age.
|| JM, 7:37 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment