stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, May 30, 2005

Site Meter

I've never bothered to track site stats, due in part to my laziness and another part of me that probably was afraid that nobody ever looked at this damn thing. I finally got over both and dropped the code in the other day, and I've been fascinated with what I've discovered. Yes, it's just a trickle of people who see this on any given day, but that trickle was bigger than what I had expected.

And the part of me that could have allowed me to become a stalker just loves seeing what brings people here and how long they stay. Didn't know a certain person runs Linux, for example. Didn't really think BlogExplosion actually brought anybody to the site.

Many eye-opening moments, such as seeing the keyword search terms that bring them here. A few that were picked up in the Google radar included: "Kat Schwartz, Golden Unicorn, Deere John Dance, Von Trapp Children, and Ann Coulter" to name a few that caught me by surprise and had me scratching my head trying to remember some of the posts. Another throw-away post that caught a few views, was an entry where I mentioned Ali G and linked to a Slate piece. For no other reason that the thought of Ali G (actually, Borat) running through my head (and just to be annoying) let me pass on: My Wife, She Died In A Field Dance.
|| JM, 11:11 AM

1 Comments:

Hello from your linux lady.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment