stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, May 06, 2005

McRant & McLink



While running around yesterday, I popped into a McDonalds to grab a quick burger. As I pulled into the parking lot, I was greeted by a sign that said "Now Accepting Credit Cards". Now I can't say that I've never had a cash flow problem, but as a rule I think that charging a fast food purchase is a bad idea. This started me thinking about some of the other stuff that bugs me about "the golden arches":
  • Bring back the heatlamps! Ever-since they started to "make it fresh" and cook with those "healthy" oils the food has been kinda sucky. Where are the fries of my youth? (around my midsection apparently).
  • I'm not a counterfeiter! Stop treating me like 'freaking John Dillinger with those silly pens every time I give you a fresh $20.
  • Speaking of Dillinger and "his assets", if one accepts the conventional wisdom about shoe size relating to the size of one's member then Ronald McDonald MUST have a huge slong! I believe this may support my theory!
  • Although they run their drive-through window with the efficiency of a moon landing, if you have the misfortune to actually walk up to the counter inside, it's more like you are witnessing one of the ill-fated space shuttle missions. I'm guessing that they haven't been acquainted with the term "sense of urgency".
  • The McRib...where the hell is it? Sort of like the anticipation of the first robin of Spring I look forward to them rolling out these "limited edition" sandwiches, but this one has NEVER come back. The same goes for their "Cheddar Melt". Go ahead; get us hooked on this drivel and then deny us our fix!

  • And now, a "super-sized" list of McDonalds related links:
    McDonalds Advertising Gone Bad
    Ghetto McDonalds
    McDonald's Sign Prank
    McDonalds Menu Prank
    McDonald's Bathroom Attendant
    McDonalds Job Application
    George Loves Mc DLT's
    McDonald's Workers Resistance McHumour
    The Photo McDonalds Didn't Want You To See
    McSpotlight
    Super Size Me
    McMenu - McDonald's Do-It-Yourself Recipes
    The History of McDonalds
    McDonalds Anagrams
    My Job At McDonalds
    More McD Pranks
    The Arch Deluxe
    || JM, 7:07 AM

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment