stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

DC Metro

I've previously said that I've been a big fan of The Metro, and I see my enthusiasm shared by I Like: "Every station a symphony in concrete, very plain but with these great vaulted ceilings like Union Station without the gold. The way in has a certain drama with steep, steep escalators that are like Entrances to Hell...The signs and lettering are simple, and the atmospheric lighting makes it feel like a nightclub. Then when the train is about to arrive the lights along the side of the platform flash. It's very cool indeed. And the cars! Comfy vinyl seats in great condition, and carpet on the floor." And a fantastic site Building the Washington Metro explains how it came to be! (VIA I Like)
|| JM, 12:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment