stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, April 07, 2005

TV Time

I'm so pathetic; it's Thursday and already I'm looking forward to this week's episode of The Apprentice. My prediction was that this season would be when the series jumped the shark but this doesn't seem to a perception that is shared by those at that website. But with most of these reality shows season one is compelling, season two not so much, and by the time season three rolls around I've pretty much lost interest.

Even with this predictable drop off in interest, I'm still hooked. Last week both teams decided to make the "Butt-Kissing-Meatball Pizza". This week "one candidate unravels during a fashion task." The promos have been know to be masterpieces of misdirection, since the ones last week made it look like "Psycho Chris" might get fired (he can't hold on too much longer) and this week it looks like Angie might be in trouble (Angie and Tana both fluctuate between being "hot" and "annoying").

As far as who might emerge as the winner it could be anybody. Alex looks like the new Kelley, but most of my other prognostications before have been oh so wrong! The only one I'm counting out would be Chris. Despite the body wash debacle, my own personal favorite to take all the marbles would be Bren.

And although I don't watch that much TV (except L&O, The Apprentice, and Deadwood) I seem to see way too many commercials for Doug Forrester who is running for Governor of NJ. I couldn't stand him when he ran for Senate, and Chapter 2 isn't much different. His TV ads drive me up the wall for many reasons. First, doesn't anybody screen these ads? The scrunched up look on his face in most of the ads might be an attempt to have him appear serious and concerned, but it just looks like he is constipated to me. And the condescending way that he delivers his message "Corruption is baaaad!" Like the only reason that we would be against corruption is because that would save us money? Give me a break!
|| JM, 9:21 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment