stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Not Smooth

Something Awful: Your Most Un-Smooth Moments
I'm not sure why I found this so funny. Is it because I take a perverse pleasure in the misfortunes of others, or is it because I've had so many painfully awkward moments like this as well? Probably a bit of both.

I'll keep the really funny stories to myself, since they are pretty embarrassing, and although I've become more open about sharing stuff here, I'm still taking baby steps in that department.

I did have an incident of dumbness at work the other week when I was talking to a customer. I was making happytalk with her and in a totally unexpected and unrelated response to a statement I made she says "Well, you'll just have to ask me out to dinner then." Since I wasn't flirting with her, and was suddenly presented with the possibility that she might be with me, I wasn't prepared for a witty retort. My response was an awkward "Oh...yea". Really smooth.
|| JM, 8:35 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment