stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, April 24, 2005

A Few Of My Favorite Things; Maybe

DC Metblogs' Favorites: Places To Take Out-of-Towners
Another link that will probably amuse me far more than it does others. Since I used to live in the DC metro area, this one brought back some good memories. One of my favorite spots in this recap, The Awakening is at a point which you pass as you near the end of The Marine Corps Marathon. Right around there you are usually beginning to feel a little tired but I always found that the sight of this monument coupled with the crowds are just the pick me up that your spirit needs at that point in time. The only downside to this spot is that there was always someone with bagpipes playing there. God, I hate bagpipes! I would rather hear the sounds of fingernails on a chalkboard, or visit the dentist without being medicated than listen to that. They always reminded me of a vacuum cleaner gone horribly wrong.

But on a more positive note, a visit to the Jefferson Memorial should be on your agenda if a trip to DC is in your future. I've always thought that this was the most underrated tourist spots, much in the same way that Jefferson is sometimes underrated as a founding father. Nobody had more impact than him, but when it comes time for bastardizing ex-Presidents' images for the President's Day Sales, seldom is Jefferson included. Maybe that's not such a bad thing after-all!
|| JM, 9:25 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment