stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Friday, April 15, 2005

Caesar’s Bath Meme!

I see that I had a meme challenge thrown my way from Mary at Knock Knock. As she explains it "List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can't really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), "Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice." OK, here goes:
1. Desperate Housewives. With all the "serious" topics I could pick, I have to go and choose a TV show, but it's just that I seriously don't get this. Everybody at work raves about it but I find it unwatchable, despite the presence of five gorgeous women. Sort of the way I also felt about "Sex In The City".
2. SUV's. Don't get me wrong, since I drive one (an environmentally friendly CRV) and know just how practical they can be sometimes. But I'm bothered by the current "bigger is better" trend and the fact that every a-hole who drives one around here when it snows thinks that they are invincible thanks to the four-wheel drive. Since most accidents that I've seen during snowstorms involves SUV's, apparently that's not the case. "Drive" is the keyword here, since 4WD only gets you moving, and doesn't help to to stop.
3. Lawn Service. Yes, it's practical to hire a lawn service with the crazy schedule that I work, but I took the easy way out since "all the other cool kids have one" . I guess I feel guilty that part of my rationale was a "keeping up with the Jones" motive, and I'm not that kind of guy. Or didn't used to be at least.
4. Beach culture. I like the occasional visit to 'da shore, but I've got friends who absolutely MUST hang there during any time off. I live close enough that it's not an excursion, but fighting the traffic makes it a hassle that I only really care to deal with a few times a summer. I'm sure I'd feel different if I actually lived AT the shore.
5. Memes. I said I'd never do one of these. Add it to a growing list of things I said I'd never do that I turned around and did. I can be so spineless sometimes. But to put a positive spin on it, I like to view it as "flexible".

Any body else want to keep this going?
|| JM, 7:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment