stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, April 11, 2005

Blog Focus

As the weather gets nicer, and as my schedule gets busier, I'm find myself with less and less time to sit down and do the blog thing. No great loss, since I'm sure precious few people stumble into this little corner of the web anyway. But the time I have been spending on line has been more and more occupied by sampling the truly amazing amount of quality work that others in the "blogoshpere" (don't you just HATE that term?) are doing on their sites. I am in absolute awe of so many sites that I've recently discovered, it makes me realize that as much as the "low effort" approach that I've taken makes it easy to do, it also makes mine appalling bland.

Since the 1st anniversary of me blogging is rapidly approaching it's only natural that I might be a bit reflective and introspective on why I continue to do this. I still have no answers, but "habit" seems to come up more than any other reason. I like doing the occasional "confessional" piece, but since I've made the mistake of sharing this with a few people at work, and I know some family is aware of it, there goes two areas that might be fodder for the gist mill. Just as well, since I really don't want to be one of those who gets into trouble for doing this. (See; even my "anonymous" alter ego is a wimp!)

It would be different if I had either writing skills, or the ability to be really emotionally honest, but my DNA seems to be lacking in both those areas. Better to use this as the occasional space to spout off about whatever nonsense is going on, and to continue to have this be my on-line annotated bookmarks. Perhaps, I should do a truly anonymous blog where I can say whatever the hell crosses my mind. The only thing that worries me is that I'd become just as addicted to doing that as I have doing it this way. Or that doing a daily confessional would quickly get so whiney that even I couldn't stand to read it.
|| JM, 9:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment