stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Why?

It amazes me how many times this happens. A vague idea pops into my peabrain which I think would lead to a good post, and then I see somebody else running with the same idea. Since their execution is usually better, the idea goes into the recycle bin of half baked notions. The recent post from g_pi is a classic case in point. She makes some great points and raises some interesting questions far better than I ever could.

My lack of having anything to say has seldom stopped me from throwing a few links up on an almost daily basis. My original motivations for doing this have long since proved invalid, and I now continue for my own amusement, but fear that I am really doing this strictly as an addiction. I've never aspired to writing since I have no skills, but I try this almost as an attempt to shed my introvert persona. However those emotionally open and truly honest posts are few and far between.

I've had a few bursts of inspiration or reflection in the past, or at least have stumbled upon quirky and amusing links to post but recently I've been unamused, unfocused, and uninspired. This too will pass. I'm beginning to think that I've got Adult ADD, but then again I'm the type of person who sees a profile of a disease on the web or TV and is convinced that I've got it! Last week I saw a piece on TV and was convinced I had the same disease that killed David Bloom. This week, every time a segment comes on TV about disease, I just lunge for the remote and change the channel. So far, that is working.

Until true inspiration strikes me, I'll continue to throw up links, much like a monkey throwing his own feces, except minus the stench. If anyone stumbles upon them and is either enlightened (unlikely) or amused (almost as unlikely), then that's just a bonus!
|| JM, 1:38 PM

1 Comments:

I know the feeling. Some days, I just want to go plagiarize something, but that's SO unethical. lol
Blogger Charles, at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment