stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, March 07, 2005

Unnecessary Frustration

I find myself beginning to hate Windows. After the ease of using a Mac, the frustrations and hastles that I used to accept and take for granted begin to bug me. On Saturday I was doing some stuff around the house and I decided to delete some applications, and backup some files on the computer in my office. After that, I ran the defrag utility to clean things up. This turned out to be a big mistake, since that process ran well into the evening, only to end with an error message telling me that "your C drive is full" shortly before the whole dang thing crashed. I spent some quality time with Norton on Sunday, which would be great if my name was Kramden, but it turned into a tedious process similar to watching paint dry. I had wanted to milk as much out of that machine as I could, but that stratedgy may not be working out for me. My list of things to get in the near future already included new landscaping, a new TV, and a treadmill, but didn't include another computer.

What I was hoping to hold out for would be one machine that can function as a Playstation, TiVo, music server, photography center, as well as doing all the basics. Windows Media Center aspires to this but doesn't quite hit the mark yet. I guess my media hub remains a fantasy much like the fantasy of the guilt free weekend with Nicole Kidman. I knew I shouldn't have watched The Peacemaker while I was running those utilities.
|| JM, 7:39 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment