stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Rambling On

As I was Googling through the blog yesterday to see if I had used a link before, I found myself looking at some of the older entries. Although I've never really been one to "put myself out there" I did notice that I had been doing a few more "personal" entries in the past than I've done recently. I'm not sure why, except that most of the truly emotionally open stuff that I wrote lately, related in one way or another to the recent death of a friend, and I guess that I found that too raw a nerve to expose. I also felt it was in some way less than respectful to his memory by just making it a blog entry. Again, the victory of the delete key.

But two other basic truths also rear their ugly head. A) I'm a boring guy with not much in terms of excitement going on. I mean, doggie pictures are nice....but how many of them can I post to the blog before it gets boring? (I had a great Kodak moment yesterday, I came down the stairs to find the dog asleep on the sofa....but rather than curled up in a ball....she was sitting upright like a human with her head on the back of the couch. So I ran back upstairs to grab the camera, only to discover that "the wife" had taken out the batteries out of the camera to use for her toothbrush!) Basic truth B) is that it's just so much easier to throw up a few links and view this as my "on-line bookmarks". My goal is to put as little effort into this as possible.....and I think it shows!

One quick rant before I go....I've already shared my fear of the cartoon versions of foot fungus and the like found on TV commercials. But the commercial I just saw for Dr. Pepper where the music is "Stacey's mom has got it going on!" is equally disturbing in it's own way. I can't believe an advertiser would want to use a song about horny teens in a mini-van who want to bang their friends' mom. Is it because she is a MILF or is it because she gives them Dr. Pepper? Not the usual wholesome image that most soft-drink makers are usually trying to put forth! And we wonder why there are all those stories about teachers sleeping with their teenage students and this similar silliness from MILFord.?(?)!
|| JM, 9:05 AM

1 Comments:

Hi John - sad to hear about your friend. Maybe someday, you will feel up to posting the experience. maybe not and that's ok too. You have great posts and I always wonder where you get all your stuff. You have got to be a researcher extrodinaire. Take care. Mary
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment