stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Separated At Birth?



I think there is more than just a passing similarity between Greta Van Sustern and Clutch Cargo. Whenever I ask anybody if they are familiar with Clutch Cargo, they usually look at me as if I have two heads. Finally, I see that they have released Clutch Cargo: The Complete Series on DVD. I can then subject one and all to the lameness that Clutch represented.

The claim to fame of this series is that instead of using traditional animation, they filmed real lips and superimposed them over cartoons (think: Conan O'Brien) with little to none other movement. I guess in 1959 when they did this, it might have been innovative animation, but even as a kid I remember it as sucking. I was also uncomfortable with a character named "Paddlefoot"(even if it was a dog), thinking it was a bit insensitive to those with birth defects. But you can bet this DVD will wind up on my Amazon wish list!
|| JM, 1:03 PM

1 Comments:

Yeah... the first time I saw Greta I thought, shit... she's Clutch brought back to haunt a new generation.

But, fuck it... Clutch had a little more on the ball. I mean he really did try to do some good for humanity.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment