stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Farewell



Carson Passes On
When I heard that Carson was dead, for a brief moment I thought that the king of late night mediocrity Carson Daly had bought the farm....wishful thinking! Sadly, it's the real King Of Late Night that we have lost.

Carson was an institution already as I was growing up, and it wasn't until I got to stay up that late did I get to understand why he had that status. Once you joined the "adult club" Carson was part of the fabric of your life. Much like remembering where you were when you heard about 9-11 or some such event, so many memories are intertwined with viewing Carson. He was "an everyman" who connected with his audience in a way few others ever did. Even during those years that I didn't watch TV, I still watched Carson. Television hasn't been the same since he left.
|| JM, 7:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment