stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Blogging Introspection

Another day, another post. Why I do this is a question that I haven't been able to answer. All the reasons that made me start this have pretty much fallen by the wayside, and it's just inertia and habit that make me continue. My goal of "finding a voice" seems to have largely alluded me, since a strong tendency to give in to "self-censorship" has me trashing many of the posts that I have written. Did I make the right choice when I hit delete instead of the publish button when I was about to post my rambling on snowblowers (and their size) as a symbolic penis substitute? I may never know. Many times, it's about putting as little effort into this as possible, since I won't feel bad if it sucks, if I really wasn't trying.

I know that majority of the traffic that ever sees this is via the roll-of-the-dice blogger bar, although I'm always shocked and appreciative when someone takes the time to drop me a note or to link to this site. Thanks to all those who have linked, book marked, or taken the time to post a comment. I guess if I was really being honest, I'd have to admit that the feedback and recognition "might" be one of the things that makes me continue. Naww....that would just seem like I was looking for "pity-posts".
|| JM, 7:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment