stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Today's Rant

Wow; I see my posts become less & less frequent. Today is my first day off in a week and my butt is kicked. I'm sick as a dog, my head hurts, I'm hacking, wheezing, and sniffling. There's nothing like a hacking/blowing fit when you are dealing with a customer at work to cut things short; perhaps this is the only good thing about a cold. A nice quiet day off would have been nice, but that is not to be. To compound my misery, my home improvement project gone bad has come back to haunt me today. A few weeks ago, in an attempt to spruce up our master bath, which had a counter and floor that were a chocolate brown color, I bought press-on floor tiles in an attempt to "lighten-up" the room. After realizing that I really needed to remove the old tile and put new tile down to do the job right, and if you are doing that you might as well replace the counter-top and cabinets, it suddenly metamorphosed into a bigger project that I had the time, patience, or the ability to tackle. So my installation guy is here today cutting tiles (much noise) and doing the floor, while the dog is whining (more noise) because I've got her confined in the kitchen. And then 'da wife has turned the phone ringer in my office to a deafening volume level, so that every time the phone rings my head is ready to explode! Just call me Mr. Cranky!
|| JM, 11:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment