stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, December 05, 2004

More Humbug!

It looks like the time and energy needed to make even the simple "re-blogging" posts seems to be missing from my agenda recently. Yesterday was one of the first of those busy days at work where we we wind up doing a seven figure volume, so you really begin to feel wiped out from all the running around and "stuff". When you do get the occasional time off, I find myself collapsing into a heap more than I might be inclined to do during the rest of the year. Kinda sucks the joy out of the holiday season. My favorite op-ed hottie, Maureen Dowd, expresses her distaste for the Christmas season in today's column; since she's so relevant on everything else I'll forgive her for trashing the Robosapien, since if I didn't have to sell it, I'm sure I'd feel the same way too! Apparently Target has just the gift I need to lift my spirits.

I did have the time and energy to get a much needed haircut. I made the mistake of going to a local place that is convenient to avoid the hastle of scheduling an appointment with the person who usually cuts my hair at the mall. A big mistake! I've been having it cut short since the summer, and I wanted to keep that look this time as well. The first question she asks me is "What number cutter?" How the hell should I know? When I get my oil changed, does the mechanic ask me what wrench to use? Sure, when I go to the doctor's office, I expect to be a participant in the decision making process, but when I get a haircut, I expect to be a consumer. This may not be the best attitude, since she then grabs a razor and proceeds to shave my neck and the back of my head and ask "Is this what you had in mind?" Well, if I were joining the Army, I'm sure I would have been pleased with the length, but it was a bit shorter than what I had in mind. Next time, back to the mall!
|| JM, 10:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment