stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, December 02, 2004

LUST!

Ok, it's not what you were thinking. Yes, men are pigs and I'm among that group as much as anybody, but now that we've got that out of the way that's not what this is about. No, I'm fessing up to my lust for gadgets. Ironically enough, I had just started to write this and The Today Show is doing a story on the same subject. Adding to the irony is that Kat Schwartz is doing the segment (and isn't she a hottie?) but this isn't about me being a pig. I would say that I have a one track mind, but apparently the train is leaving on two tracks.

When the newspapers hit, the first thing I do is to pull out the BestBuy & Circuit City ads. I become like a kid in a candy store, pouring over every page. The people in The Apple Store must be tired of seeing me there during my lunch hour, particularly since they have to mop up the drool after I leave. This problem may become better or worse now that I've caved in a bought an iPod. I know there are pros and cons but the market dominance of the iPod and the "double discount" days at work made this an easy choice. Next on my must have list becomes this cool JBL dock/speaker system for it. Oh yea, and a new computer as well since my laptop is getting maxed out for space, and my desktop system isn't really worth the hastle to update to WinXp. The seductive call of The Apple cult almost has me convinced to buy a powerbook. I'll get off the fence soon, but since shopping for this kind of stuff is the only shopping that I enjoy, the process might drag on for a bit longer. I finally did a search for the "moto-razor" phone that Cingular has been tauntingly featuring in their ads, and despite my lust for this item, my sticker shock just moved that item much farther down my "must-get" list.

Some other iPod links from my bookmarks to check out:
iPodlounge: All Things iPod
How To: Podcasting
Motorola and Apple Collaborating on PhonePod?
iPod Vs. The Cassette
|| JM, 10:22 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment