stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Bah-Humbug!

HOLIDAY BLUES: Stores boycotted for replacing 'Christmas'
The leader of this silly protest says he expects his campaign to take several years before it gets results. Yea, right I'd expect this to be pretty slow to catch on as well. Get over it Red States...there "are" other holidays out there. For example, did you know that there were only 7 shopping days left until Chrismukkah? I didn't think so either; boy it really sneaks up on you!

On a related note, our PWP plush toy at work this year is Grover. So far he isn't a big seller and I had attributed it to the fact that he was probably more important to the older generation than the kids today. Not the worst thing, but nothing motivates a parent more than a kid whining for something; our sales of iPods reflect that! But perhaps, the problem might be a bit more serious. Grover Is Bitter: The Sad Story Behind That Loveable Smile exposes the monster behind the myth; "a monster cowering in the face of his own insecurities, a monster so unsure of himself he wouldn't even watch his own performances, and a monster who ultimately allowed his own weaknesses to overcome him and nearly ruin his career."

Continuing on a shopping theme, Sheila Chilcote-Collins has compiled a great list of The Top 25 Weirdest Items You Can Purchase Through Amazon!. For me, it's a toss up between the "Christmas Story Leg Lamp" and "The Little Book Of Farting" as my favorites. Though I think I'll wait untill I can find it as a "Books On Tape" selection before I get it.
|| JM, 11:09 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment