stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving Stuffing



For the first time that I can remember, I actually tried to watch the parade on TV, mainly to try to get a glimpse of the people I know who took part in the event. Nice idea, but even though the float stopped for a performance segment, there were no shots of anybody I knew. What I did see were far too many Buick commercials. Memo to GM: you have to do more than just using Aerosmith songs in your advertising to make a Buick hip.

I avoided the temptation to sign up people I know for the Target wake-up call, although the day is still young and I might wind up doing it anyhow. Dreading the madness that awaits for tomorrow, the so-called "Black Friday" which promises to be a ugly free-for-all. I'm sure I'll have to reflect on that later, assuming that I have the strength. Until then, some holiday related links:

Are you ready to face Black Friday?
Ummm......no.
Turkey Jigsaw Puzzle
A cute little java app... a fun holiday diversion.
The True Meaning Of Thanksgiving
One who appreciates all the things that most of us take for granted.
Butterball Help-Line
"Nine out of ten people would rather sit down at the table and suck on the end of a baster full of buttery juices than gnaw at some dry old wing."
"May I have your $UNECESSARY PERSONAL INFO ?
A few new ways to respond to those annoying stores that ask you for personal information when you make a purchase.
Thanksgiving Rant
A bit of holiday angst as well as an interesting list of things to be thankful for from one of my favorite bloggers
The Turkey Testicle Festival
Darn, I missed this.....but maybe next year!
|| JM, 11:41 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment