stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Horror Story



The Best Page In The Universe: A few suggestions to help make CompUSA a better store
My first thought was that this guy's tirade was harsh, but as I read on and remembered the bad experience that I had with CompUSA, he really went easy on them....with the exception on the logo. I had wanted to link to it for full effect (animated GIF) but at the authors' request I didn't....not that my linking to him would create bandwidth issues, but I'll comply with his wishes.

The last time I went to CompUSA I had already been exhausted by trying to deal with an un-named (rhymes with Doesheba) vendor's customer service/ tech support. After numerous phone calls, and attempts to get my Pocket PC up and running properly, the vendors tech people concluded that I had a defective unit. Packing it up and heading back to Comp was one of the worst retail experiences of my life.....if you don't count getting fired by a retailer for what were essentially trumped up issues....but that's a blog entry for another day.

The CompUSA staff was rude and condescending, and refused to take back the product. They then decided to make an exception, but would have to charge me the 15% restocking fee. I seldom have temper tantrums in public, but on this I had to take a stand. After dealing with many people, and with many harsh words were exchanged, FINALLY they figured out that I was telling the truth and that I had a defective product that I wanted to exchange. However, after the way that they had treated me the last thing I wanted to do was to purchase anything at CompUSA.

The crowning blow came when I channeled my anger into a letter to their corporate office. I was civil, and explained some of the basics on how you treat a customer, which I didn't see demonstrated at their store. I had at least expected some sort of acknowledgement, as they might have attempted to save a customer. Nothing...nada....zip. Add arrogance to the list of sins committed by this scum sucking company! One thing I do well is carry a grudge!

More links on this subject:
CompUSA Sucks!
A forum for complaints about CompUSA
CompUSA: Customer Satisfaction
Horror Stories
Comp USA Stories
Consumer complaints about CompUSA
Fat Wallet Retailer Ratings
|| JM, 6:59 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment