stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Hope I Tour Before I Get Old



The Who teaming up for new album
There was the time that I might have viewed this as great news, since I used to be one of the biggest Who fans around during their heyday and beyond. But there are many things that are fine within the context of the time they occur that simply look silly with the passing of time....mullets come to mind as an example. Aging rockers many times are as hip as the middle aged guy with the sportscar and the 2nd wife. Guys who are pushing retirement age, simply seem foolish and irrelevant singing about "teenage wasteland". Better to have fond memories, CSI theme songs, and Hummer commercials in my little pea brain than to further expunge their legacy by putting out a lame album (am I dating myself here by still referring to albums?) to be followed up by a tour "with the usual band". I suppose they will call it the "Who's Left" tour? Please don't become one of those bands that seem to do those endless "farewell tours" only to come back and do it again. Let me have my memories.
|| JM, 7:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment