stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Four More Years



I must stop obsessing about politics and get back to a more balanced point of view. I keep thinking that I will wake up soon and this will be a bad dream. But sadly, this seems to be real. On one level, I've accepted defeat, but on some other level I'm still in denial. But there appears to be no chance of finding Bobby Ewing in the shower this time, so I'll just have to suck it up and cope. It strains my sense of optimism to find anything good about the outcome of the election, other than to provide fodder for The Daily Show and other political comics. Time for the Democrats to start focusing on 2008. The ideal candidate: the intelligence of Kerry, the political savvy & sex appeal of Clinton, the emotional connection & communication skills of Barack Obama, and the the geographical appeal of Jimmy Carter. Not too much to ask for, is it? The next four years are crucial, we can't drop the ball again. My only hope is that a lame duck Bush, emboldened by what he views as a mandate will continue to pander to the right wing and paint himself into a corner that will bite him in the ass. The chances of this are slim, but I can dream, can't I?

A few more political links to allow me to work through my grief:

And Then They Voted
An Email Joke, but it does perhaps explain why we are in this position.

Stand & Fight

"Calling Karl Rove an architect of a campaign is kind of like calling Mengele a personal physician." FROM: Wonkette

From: Planetdan- Silver Linings
1. This particular Bush can never run again.
2. Now we'll be able to watch him crash and burn over the next four years, reserving our rights to shout "I told you so!" at the top of our lungs. That's always fun.
3. I've always kind of had the impression that I was smarter than the majority of the country. Now I have data to back it up.

Marry An American
"Legions of Canadians have already pledged to sacrifice their singlehood to save our southern neighbours from four more years of cowboy conservatism."

Bush 51%, Immorality 49%
|| JM, 10:51 AM

1 Comments:

I feel your pain brother...
Blogger Kirsten, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment