stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, November 22, 2004

Enter The Matrix



The Four Word Film Review
I rediscovered this site as I was digging around review sites to validate my opinion of the Matrix trilogy. Eventhough I love sci-fi, I had originally avoided The Matrix. I sometimes bristle if there is too much buzz on something, and take it as hype. Ultimately, some friends held me hostage and made me watch the first film. I was still unimpressed.

But when I was bored and channel surfing the other night, I stumbled upon one of the sequels. I thought that I was watching the final installment, so you can imagine my disappointment when after two hours I see "to be continued" flash on the screen! So now, I had to watch the third movie. I actually liked the second one far more than I thought I would, and by the end of the last one I thought they were taking themselves a bit too seriously but still would have to say that it was entertaining.

After all this, I had to go back and re-watch the first one. I guess I have to eat some crow, since I really liked the first one far more than I thought I did. Part of this may just be that it was better than the sequels; two good movies might have been better than one good one and two mediocre ones.
|| JM, 9:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment