stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Monday, October 18, 2004

Is That A Real Poncho?



FROM SLATE: Is That a Real Poncho?
Amanda Fortini talks about the poncho as a "fashion crime". According to her, Macy's has "43 options in a ponchos-only department", I'm afraid it's worse than that, since she's only counting the "on-line" offerings. Sadly, it seems like there the multitudinous number of styles available in the store far surpass that number. I'm glad to see that other people feel that these are as damn ugly as I do. Not all the 70's styles deserve to come back again, although this gave me a chance to grab a Susan Dey shot, who defined hotness for me growing up. Call me when "hotpants" make a comeback.

I recognized the title of this article as a Zappa reference, but a momentary lapse of memory caused me to forget the next line. Google fixed that quickly, and as a result I stumbled onto a site referencing another of my favorites, Mystery Science Theater 3000, this page detailing Zappa references on MST 3000. The full quote " Is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?" makes a search of the Sears website for ponchos almost mandatory. Only 4 results, all predictable ugly. Given the subject matter, that comment is redundant, I guess.
|| JM, 7:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment