stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Addiction

I almost forgot to set-up the VCR....to satisfy my other addiction....my TV jones. That gives me a break from the blogging addiction. I realized that I was addicted yesterday, when the blogger server was down and I couldn't post. Not that I had anything to say, but it was knowing that I couldn't that gave me a feeling of unease.

I need to tape 2nite's Apprentice, and while I'm at it I might as well throw in "Joey" even though I'm prepared for it to suck. But since The Daily Show is in repeats this week, I might as well watch it. I wasn't into last years Apprentice at the start, but it was the buzz that I heard which quickly got me to look at it and it became a "must see" as soon a I started watching. Sorry to see that they seem to have cast this seasons' Omarosa as a black woman. I realize that they are going for a formula, but do they have to try to duplicate last years stereotypes?? Looks like this year's Sam is the twerp with the bow tie.

I'm usually reluctant to add another show into my viewing schedule. This was again the case with my current favorite "Rescue Me" on FX. This is the best show on "regular TV" (broadcast/network/basic cable) since Homicide. I'd rank it right up there with my HBO favorites (Deadwood, Six Feet Under, & The Soprano's). Few shows hit the mark like this, combining serious drama and humor the way that they do. Last nights' episode went from a touching tribute to the fallen 911 heros right into a (trust me on this) hilarious dick measuring contest. If you haven't seen it, you should be able to catch the 20 times that FX repeats it.
|| JM, 11:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment