stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

One To Beam Up

Farewell, Mister Scott

A touching tribute to Star Trek's James "Scotty" Doohan from Wil "Wesley" Wheaton.. Probably one of the better things to come out of one of those ST conventions.

Fans Hope Suns Can Rise Again on 'Star Trek'

Another article on Scotty's final bow. Warning; link contains pictures of those scary Trekies that dress up as Klingons, as well as a guy who looks like the "comic book guy" from The Simpsons. Also addresses the sorry state of the Star Trek franchise. I've not been too critical up to this point, even though I thought Nemesis sucked, I was willing to give Enterpise room to grow and to grow on me. I actually enjoyed this season's story arc.....right up until the "dramatic conclusion"......SPACE NAZI'S??.....give me a break! I guess they have to recycle old sets and the uniforms from Voyager given this season's budget cuts. Maybe they can write their way out of this, but we'll have to see.

I do sorta' like to see the stunt casting for the opening episode of Enterprise that features some familiar faces from The Soprano's (Joe Maruzzo ("Joe Peeps") as "Sal," and Steven R. Schirripa ("Bobby 'Bacala' Baccalieri") as "Carmine." ), although I find it potentially confusing to have Bobby Bacala and Scott Bakula together; distant relatives, perhaps? Another nice touch is the tip of the hat to TOC "The City on the Edge of Forever" which I had thought might be involved in this story arc. Let's hope that they can make the Shatner guest slot happen this season.

Looking forward to getting the newly released Trekkies 2 DVD soon, as well. And since I'm bringing up the subject, a recycled link that is either amusing or frightening depending on how you look at it.
|| JM, 1:55 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment