stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Watching Too Much TV

Great......GM has to go and ruin another great song ("Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols). I'm not sure which upsets me more, if it's the creative editing that limits the extent of the lyrics to "you gotta great car"......Or if it's the commandeering of yet another great song and rendering it as the sound track for a crappy commercial. I might even feel differently if GM was making "a great car" , but I guess there are so few lyrics about "average, mediocre cars".

Watching Kerry and Edwards together was a true moment of "Cringe TV". Here is a genuine, nice guy who has a decent story to tell, but has a delivery that makes you rapidly loose interest in the message. My guess is that Kerry could be making a speech about free lapdances with complimentary beer, and still would manage to put his audience to sleep. Edwards easily wins the charisma contest.....And gives the Democrats the shot in the arm they need.

And Bush when ask about the differences between Edwards and Cheney said that "Cheney 'COULD' be President". But wait a second.....Last time I checked.....Cheney essentially "IS" President, right?? (As the White House put it...."The most substantive vice-presidency in history") And if I see one more sly putdown of Edwards because he is a "trial lawyer" as if that is about tantamount to being a child molester I'm gonna scream!!
|| JM, 4:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment