stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Pres. Bush at York, PA Rally

Remarks By President Bush at York, Pennsylvania Rally

Found myself in York on Friday and saw that he was going to be speaking there. In an effort to avoid traffic (& Bush) I scurried out of town A.S.A.P. On the way out of the area, my progress was impeded by a traffic back-up caused by being stuck behind a slow moving tractor. Of the daily frustrations that I'm accustomed to, this isn't one of them.

I enjoyed seeing that Bush was impressed by the achievements of his daughter: "traveling with me today is a new graduate from the University of Texas, one of my great daughters, Jenna Bush. (Applause.) Made it through in four years, I want you to know." Perhaps, he isn't aware (& who could expect a "C" student to know) that most people only take four years to get through school. Imagine if she had done something "really" impressive??

A great article in today's NY Times, from someone who spent a year as a hostess of a NYC niteclub. Fascinating reading in and of itself, but an interesting bonus is when Barbara & Jenna visit her club.
The Hostess Diary: My Year at a Hot Spot


|| JM, 3:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment