stats count

John's Blog

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day....Teach him to use the internet and he won't bother you for weeks!

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Rambling On...

Just got back from a weekend road trip to PA. Some random thoughts from the drive back: Every time I drive to PA two things inevitably happen; it rains and a big-assed rock always strikes my windshield and tries to break it. Why does this only happen on the PA turnpike?? It's the first "super-highway" but apparently the innovation stopped shortly after that, since it always seems to pale by comparison to other big interstate roads and it misses being categorized either quaint or efficient.

Passed by some "Good Luck Smarty Jones" signs as we drove by Philly......like the horse is going to look out the window and be inspired by the expression of good wishes?? Looks like that didn't work. It would have been great to have had the hoped for storybook ending, but since life doesn't always have those tidy resolutions, there may be an inspiring story here anyway. I was disappointed to see a newspaper headline that blamed the jockey for the loss. I'm a big fan of personal responsibility (something we don't see enough of these days), but I'm really not a big fan of blame. Sometimes what is.....is.

I must stop obsessing; the whole way up the Jersey turnpike I kept passing a Hummer. It took every bit of self-control that I had NOT to look at the driver and check out if it was "Chris-ta-faa". When I passed the Escalade and the guy was holding a stogy I realized that perhaps I had a problem. Way too much anticipation for the season ending of The Soprano’s. An OK episode tonight since most of the expected loose ends got tied up, but still a bit of a letdown after the last “killer” (no pun intended) episode.
|| JM, 10:40 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment